Apprenticeship to Entrepreneurship
A2E – APPRENTICESHIP TO ENTREPRENEURSHIP seeks to provide unemployed young women and men, with a direct pathway to income generation opportunities through vocational/technical skills training alongside entrepreneurship development. The focus is to provide apprenticeship and practical attachment (on the job) training through NBSSI Approved Skilled Craftsmen and women.
- A2E focuses on vocational and technical skills training for unemployed young) women and men.
- The aim is to provide apprenticeship and practical attachment (on the job) training through NBSSI Approved Skilled Craftsmen and Artisans (who are themselves entrepreneurs/MSMEs).
- In addition to the skills training, beneficiaries will receive entrepreneurial and financial literacy training to prepare them for either gainful self-employment or salaried employment.
- After successfully completing their training and apprenticeship/practical attachment, participants will be supported to write the NVTI examination, supported with start-up kits, and also receive mentoring for a year.
- A2E will also strengthen Skilled Craft people and artisans through business acceleration programs (mentoring, coaching, counseling).
Who Can Apply
- Unskilled young women and men between ages 16 – 35 years
- Must be resident in Ghana
- Must have an interest in acquiring a specific vocational or technical skill
- Must provide a referee
- Completed application form
- ID Card
- Passport Picture
Target participants for A2E are unskilled young women and men who may have dropped out of school as well as those that have completed vocational/technical training schools but still unemployed and require practical or on the job training to prepare them more effectively for employment.